Homebuyer CCTV Surveys
Why should I have a survey?
Until recent times, out of sight has been out of mind where drainage is concerned, and particuarly with regard to the purchase of a new property. For those unfortunate few who have bought a property with existing drainage problems this can result in bills running into the thousands of pounds for issues that should have been identified and rectified prior to purchase.
Fortunately Home Buyers drainage surveys have now become commonplace across the UK as both building surveyors and mortgage companies recognise their true importance and are advising their clients buying both domestic and commercial properties to ensure that they have a survey carried out by a reputable and certified contractor.
What Information do we provide?
Exjet will provide a detailed and comprehensive CCTV survey of the below ground drainage network incorporating the following at a minimum,
- Detailed report submitted in an easy to read manner showing the current structural and service conditions of the drainage network serving the property incorporating all accessible drainage
- Details of any noticeable defects with gullies, soil stacks, interceptor traps etc.
- Advice as to whether rainwater gullies run to soakaways or to the main drainage system.
- Detailed plan showing ownership of the system, whether it be privately owned, water authority, or shared ownership and where ownership starts and finishes
- Manhole condition report
- Summary page detailing any issues found on site
- Costs for remediation (should it be required) allowing you to negotiate a reduction in price with the vendor.
When should the survey take place?
Ideally the survey should take place prior to exchanging contract allowing you to deal with any issues should they arise, though we also understand that buying a property can be stressful and things can be missed.
With this in mind Exjet can offer an Express Service with a "Guaranteed Three Day Turnaround" from the point of order for your survey should you so require it. Please be sure to request this service at the point of booking.
How do I book a survey or get more information?
To discuss your individual requirements with a specialist or to book a survey please contact us today by phone or email on 0800 328 6655 or email@example.com to request a call back